Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Spring!

Checking in with everyone and seeing how all of you are doing. How was your Easter holiday? Ours was great. We had some of the kids over for Easter Sunday dinner. The others were working. We had ham, potato salad, peas, deviled eggs and macaroni and cheese. I made an apple cake and some brownies.
The garden is all planted,we planted it on Good Friday. It looks very nice and very healthy. My tomatoes that I started didn't make it so we had to buy some. 18 to be exact. What I think I'm going to do with 18 tomato plants is beyond me. I guess I'm going to camp out in the yard and can every one that gets ripe. I think we went a little over board!!!!
Sandy, Chelsea, and Adam are coming to visit at the end of the week for 3 days. We're very excited and happy they are coming. We're going to go to Savannah on Friday and show them the sights. There is so much to see there and a ton of history. We will be having Chelsea's 17th birthday party on Saturday. We've ordered the cake and have plans for burgers and dogs an chili...Some of the other family members will be coming, Garland and Ina, Bennie and Dannie and Candace and her family. we'll have a great time and Chelsea will be able to get to know her step family.
We've also got the flower gardening done. Royce put in a sprinkling system around the flower beds and the shrubs. It will make it a lot easier for us and the watering chores. We're very happy with it so far. I've planted about a little over a flat of flowers, mostly petunias and salvia. I've done these in red and white and purple. It all looks very nice, neat and tidy.
Well, that's all the news for now.. Take care everyone and may God richly bless all of you!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment