Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hello from hot Georgia

Hello everyone!
Guess I'd better get back on here and tell you what's been going on down here.
For one thing, it's been terribly hot. The heat index the first of this week was 108 for about 3 days. You couldn't stand to be outside as the heat just surrounded you... We've had rain about every late afternoon.
The garden is doing well. We've picked and put up green beans twice now.. the tomatoes are coming on a little at a time... Royce went and picked 3 five gallon bucket fulls at the tomato farm. They're not quite ready to can yet, but should be ready about Tuesday. I'm putting them up whether they are ready or not.. I need to get them done as there is other veggies that need our attention. Bennie and I put up corn on Thursday. I did a total of 20 pints for me and she in two days put up a total of 50 pints. I don't need to put up that many as Royce doesn't eat corn. We creamed it and put it in freezer bags. I also did about 5 half pints of sweet banana peppers. They sure are pretty.
We had the Dismuke family reunion last weekend. From Thursday on we had tons of company every day. His cousin Jennifer and her hubby stayed the night on Saturday night. We had a great time with them. Jennifer is a nut anyway and just a hoot to be around. We had a great time, they was a ton of food.
On Friday, Candace, Sally, Jayne and I are going to Savannah to spend a day at the craft stores. We're hoping Helen will go as well. We just want to have a good day in Savannah and have a nice lunch and just enjoy each other's company.
The Fourth of July is right around the corner. Adam will be 8 years old. It's totally amazing. I can't believe he's going to be eight years old.. He's maturing a lot and really growing up. Chelsea now has her own car and is driving. That's hard to believe!!!
Well, that's all the news for now. Sorry I haven't been on here lately. It's been pretty busy and I didn't have my own computer. It was down and wouldn't connect to the Internet. I just got it back this week..
Be blessed everyone and may God be with you.
Love and prayers,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment