Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Wednesday (hump day)

Hello everyone!!!

I haven't been on here as often as usual!! Without my monitor I can't post pictures..But, I've taken some pictures of some items I made yesterday and I'm thrilled to death with them! I made myself a trinket box, (unfinished cigar box)! it is very vintage and antique looking. I've acquired some very old greeting cards dating back as far as the early 1900's. And further back than that! Anyway, I cut a few of them down and adhered them to the top of the box. I put a background paper on it first, then the cards and so forth. I finished the sides and the inside as well. It looks awesome!!! I can't wait to post the pictures. I also made a "friends"journal book. I simply covered it with pretty paper , put some ribbon on it and my initial. Very sharp!
Today's goal is to start and maybe finish two hat type boxes. I'll use them as decor pieces for our bedroom. I'll probably just set them on the floor or something....I'll take pictures of those when they're finished.

Please send up prayers fro my daughter, Sandra as she has lost her job. She's going to take some time and relax and get the cobwebs out and then decide what to do. She's been under a tremendous amount of stress, more than I could even handle. I have faith that she will find her niche and perhaps find something that she can do from home. This is what I'm praying for.

Well, have a blessed day and thanks for your prayers!!!
CS

No comments:

Post a Comment