Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it's August already!!!!
Where did the summer go. We went on vacation early in April and it seems like it's been forever already! We'reready to go again!

Royce is healing nicely from the surgery, but is feeling poorly. He spike a fever and I took him to the ER and they said he had a UTI..The anti-bodics they gave him is wearing him down. So, I'm going to call the urologist tomorrow and see if he should keep taking them...He feels so wore out and weak that's it's unbelievable. Man, these days you have to have a cure for the cure!

Bennie and I went to a card class that Helen has the first Sat. of every month and we had a really nice time. Learned a lot of new procedure's which I will incorporate into my cards. Also she gave us a few ideas for Christmas cards. Which I always make a ton of!! I'm ready to start on them already. Can't wait. The closer fall gets here the more I'm ready to decorate for Christmas and fall.

The vegetable gardening is wearing down. We've froze the green beans, cabbage and the okra is ongoing. We bought a 1/2 bushel of fresh peanuts, R boiled them today. We ended up with 15 quarts. They are just too good for words. He wants to get more. I froze watermelon today and tomorrow am going to buy more cherries and freeze them. We will have grapes very soon and will also freeze them. So, we'll be stocked for fruits and some veggies. I'm so excited about all this. It's a pure joy to be able to do this again, as I did many decades ago when living on a farm.

Again, on Tuesday we had a great day which was our last summer family scrap/craft day. A good time was had by all. I wanted to get one more in before Candace starts back to work on Monday. Boooo!!!! I hate to see her go back as we have a lot of fun doing stuff together. That's ok, we will start planning our holiday season soon and that alone will keep us excited.
We'll have another cookie exchange this year and all the other stuff we do..We've started our own traditions and I'm grateful for that.

Candace and all the family have welcomed me into their arms with love and I sure do appreciate it!!!

Oh, other good news! My mom is coming to visit in the next few weeks, I'm very excited about this. She will stay about 3 weeks. I love having her and will enjoy showing her all around our area of the world. Will keep you posted and post pictures of her when she gets here.

Love and blessings to all!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment